By Marvin W. Falk
Marvin W. Falk bargains a systemic and choose directory of simply over 3,000 courses at the historical past of Alaska, released from the 18th century to early 2004. Early explorations have been performed by means of nationals from numerous international locations, and the consequences have been released in Russian, German, French, Spanish, and English. a lot of those overseas language debts were released in translation and are incorporated within the bibliography.This bibliography covers a large span of Alaskan heritage together with old literature from: Discovery in 1741 The Russian interval finishing in 1867 The U.S. territorial interval finishing with statehood in 1959 The oil growth
Read Online or Download Alaska History. An Annotated Bibliography PDF
Similar state & local books
An account of the tragic Galveston typhoon of 1900 that claimed over six thousand lives.
This ebook brings alive what one guy feels approximately his formative years domestic. where is West Texas, obvious throughout a protracted vista during which today’s occasions and folks merge with the author’s boyhood and younger manhood. it's a harsh, distant nation, the place the elements is often very shut and the horizon distant. The Brazos state of long-ago Fourth of July fishing expeditions; the grass-grown is still of a manner station of the Butterfield degree Line; the streets of Abilene; the sparse grazing lands below countless skies—all are made resonant by means of a local son’s affection and knowing.
Publication 1b follows on from 1a and introduces sixteen new phrases, together with 'toys', 'has', 'trees' and 'ball'. as soon as this e-book has been accomplished, the kid strikes directly to ebook 3b.
- Brotherhood of Eternal Love (Panther Books)
- The Grit Beneath the Glitter: Tales from the Real Las Vegas
- Prevailing over time : ethnic adjustment on the Kansas prairies, 1875-1925
- Further Documents from F. Taylor Ostrander
- The American West. Visions and Revisions (New Studies in Economic and Social History)
- Ladies and Gentlemen on Display: Planter Society at the Virginia Springs, 1790 - 1860 (The American South Series)
Additional info for Alaska History. An Annotated Bibliography
3. Anchorage: Alaska Geographic Society, 1979. This is a heavily illustrated general overview of the diverse Native populations of Alaska: Inupiat, Yupik, Aleut, Koniag, Chugach, Athabascan, Eyak, Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian. Although the text is quite brief to allow for such a broad coverage, it is carefully presented for a popular readership. - - - , ed. The Aleutians. Contributing editor Lydia Black. Alaska 249. Geographic, 7, no. 3. Anchorage: Alaska Geographic Society, 1980. - - - . And the Land Provides; Alaskan Natives in a Year of 250.
S. Donnelly. Materials for the Study of Alaska History 4. Kingston, Ontario: Limestone Press, 1973. RA General Histories 41 358. Gibson, James R. " In European Settlement and Development in North America: Essays on Geographical Change in Honour and Memory of Andrew Hill Clark, edited by James R. Gibson, 45-65. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1978. 359. Hassel, Georg. Vollstandige und neueste Erdbeschreibung des Britischen und Russischen Amerikas und der franzosischen Fischerinseln, mit einer einleitung zur Statistik dieser Lande [New Description of British and Russian America and the French Fishing Islands, With an Introduction to the Statistics of these Lands].
Fairbanks: University of Alaska Press, 2002. 112. Chance, Nancy Fogel. " PhD diss. University of Connecticut, 1988. 113. Chance, Norman A. The Inupiat and Arctic Alaska: An Ethnography of Development. Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology. Fort Worth: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1990. The research for this book was conducted between 1958 and 1989, and was centered in the community of Kaktovik during a period of rapid development and change that resulted from statehood, oil development, the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, and the creation of powerful regional native corporations.